Online Yoga Nidra Training
a life-changing journey w/limitless possibilities!
Join Sagel for this streaming 35HR Online Yoga Nidra Training to explore the ancient yogic art and science of Yoga Nidra, the effortless state of being and pure joy.
This training program will provide you with all the knowledge and tools you need to facilitate compassionate, inspired, and transformative Yoga Nidra sessions for yourself and others.
This online self-paced course contains comprehensive and in-depth lessons in multimedia formats to help you understand what Yoga Nidra is, where it comes from, why it’s important, and how it works from both a Yogic and Western perspective to relieve tension and stress from all layers of your being.
Lessons include lectures, hands-on activities, guided inquiry and personal reflections, Yoga Nidra practices, guided meditation sessions, and a 7-Day Home Practice Immersion to help you experience and integrate the powerful, transformative benefits of this practice.
This accessible and engaging online program is open to all and can be completed from anywhere in the world at your own pace. It's the perfect opportunity for yoga teachers, practitioners, wellness providers, or anyone looking to deepen their understanding and personal exploration of this profoundly relaxing and holistic healing practice.
Sharing this beautiful practice is a passion for Sagel. She's experienced in her life and observed in the lives of so many of her students the transformational benefits Yoga Nidra brings to body, mind, and spirit.
Infused with her wisdom and heart, this training program includes insightful and inspiring lectures, streaming audio/video Yoga Nidra sessions, personal reflection and discovery activities, and a variety of guided mindfulness meditations.
Maintain access to all streaming program lectures and practices following course completion, available for you to review and enjoy at any time.Experience for yourself how Yoga Nidra can help you rest deeply, restore, and manifest a joyous and happy life aligned with your most heartfelt intentions. This practice is a powerful stress-relief tool and so much more. It connects us with our heart of hearts and powers and empowers our intention to live our happiest and healthiest life and share our gifts with the world around us.
Program Cost: USD $229 total, which includes a 130-page supplemental manual (free shipping worldwide)
You are Welcome. No prior teaching or practice experience with Yoga or Yoga Nidra is required to register for this program. This program welcomes participants of all experience levels.
Completion Certificate & CEUs: The curriculum is 35 hours all-inclusive, and a completion certificate is given to all students who fully complete the training. If you’re a registered yoga teacher with Yoga Alliance, you may submit this certificate to Yoga Alliance and receive 35 hours of continuing education credits.
"I was amazed at the level of detail in this course, as I never expected to go into such depth in an online training. Thank you so much Sagel for putting together this incredible training and for sharing your knowledge and passion in such a clear, thoughtful, and sweet way.”
"Thank you for the online Yoga Nidra training. I have completed the whole program and have also taught a few times with friends to practice. My husband and I have done the 7-day challenge get together and are continuing regular practice thanks to this program. I look forward to doing the meditations over and over. I especially liked the one about experiencing opposites and also really enjoyed the chakra one. I found the lectures interesting and easy to follow. Thanks for making these teachings accessible and thanks for the useful tools we now have. I hope my nidra practice helps to keep me healthy and centered and look forward to going ever deeper into relaxation and receptivity as I practice more."
In this empowering and accessible training, you will:
- Develop an understanding of what Yoga Nidra is, as a practice and an effortless state of deep peace, pure bliss, and manifestation.
- Learn about Yoga Nidra’s origins in classical Indian philosophy and contemporary Yoga Nidra lineages.
- Explore the Yogic map of the Whole Self and through both lecture and guided activities, gain insight into your koshas and how their interplay affects and reflects your wellbeing as well as information and theming around the chakra system.
- Examine in detail the methodical techniques of progressive relaxation of the koshas on the inward journey through each stage of this practice to strengthen your connection with your true Self.
- Discuss the framework of visualizations, body and breath awareness exercises, and mindfulness meditation techniques used throughout the practice and as techniques to promote greater peace, wellbeing, and presence in daily living.
- Understand the core guiding principles of this powerful practice.
- Explore the empowering tool of Sankalpa and how when integrated into the Yoga Nidra practice, it will help you create the life you want in alignment with your heart’s deepest intentions.
- Learn about how Yoga Nidra helps us awaken to unconscious barriers such as self-limiting thoughts, unhelpful habits, long-held fears, and negative emotions – and by freeing us from these Samskaras, empowers us to release the deep obstacles and energy blockages that can prevent us from living the life we desire and deserve.
- Be guided in exercises and personal reflection activities, including guided meditation and journaling, to discover or reaffirm your own personal Sankalpa.
- Experience a 7-Day Yoga Nidra Home Practice Immersion, during which you’ll experience first-hand how Yoga Nidra is a profound tool with limitless possibilities for holistic healing, transformation, and joy when engaged regularly.
- Discuss the related science behind techniques used in the practice and how the ancient roots intersect with the Western understanding of the mind.
- Explore the physiological realities of stress, how stress and tension affect every level of our being, and the application of this practice in daily life as an antidote to stress and help you live in optimal wellbeing, peace, and contentment.
- Understand Yoga Nidra as a powerful tool in our life toolbox that brings renewal, restoration, and rejuvenation to our whole being to enhance everyday living.
- Gain all the knowledge and tools you need to facilitate safe, inspired, and compassionate Yoga Nidra sessions for yourself and others, in home-based, office, or studio environments.
- Consider options for session themes to enhance benefits for the practitioner.
- Uncover the joy that you are! Joy is your blueprint and your birthright, and living in joy supports the wellbeing of everyone around you, so we’ll discuss how the inward journey of Yoga Nidra compels us to deeply connect with one another in service to the world around us.
- Enjoy 3 streaming guided Yin Yoga & Meditation classes integrated with Pranayama (breath-work exercises) specially designed to help prepare the body and mind for a journey into Yoga Nidra.
- Experience 3 streaming Yoga Nidra practices. These diverse practices were developed specifically for this Yoga Nidra Teacher Training so participants can enjoy a variety of approaches and techniques, and they’ll remain available to you to continue your practice.
- Participate in teaching practicum as a tool to develop and enhance your personal understanding of the practice, whether you’ll be facilitating sessions for yourself or others.
- Receive guidance on how to create and maintain your own home Yoga Nidra practice.
- Enjoy 3 streaming guided mindfulness meditation practices which will remain available to you in support of your home meditation practice.
- Receive 3 complete Yoga Nidra scripts (40-50min length sessions) for use in your own practice or to offer to others.
- Participate in guided personal reflection and discovery exercises throughout the program.
- Prepare and offer practice teaching sessions for a friend or family member as a way to develop and enhance your personal understanding of the practice.
- Participate in guided personal reflection and discovery exercises throughout the program.
- Maintain access to all streaming program lectures and practices following course completion, available for you to review and enjoy at any time.
The curriculum is 35HRS all-inclusive, and a completion certificate is given to all students who fully complete the training. If you’re a Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance, you may submit this certificate to Yoga Alliance and receive 35 hours of continuing education credits.
“I have gone to many different kinds of trainings in both the yoga and non-yoga worlds, and your approach to teaching is unlike anything I have experienced. You embody what you teach. You live it and understand it completely at a cellular level. It simply flows from you as effortlessly and consistently as the breath."
- K.F. Portland
Yoga Nidra by Swami Satyananda Saraswati
The Book of Yoga Nidra Meditation Scripts: 30 Yoga Nidra Scripts for Deep Relaxation, Inner Peace, & Manifesting Your Joy by Sagel Urlacher
Suggested Props to Support Your Practice:
*a yoga mat
*two yoga blocks
*a yoga blanket (or a comfy blanket or two from home)
*a yoga strap (or a long belt, or a couple of scarves tied together from home)
*a bolster (or a firm pillow or two from home)
*an eye pillow (optional)
These props are readily available at most sporting goods stores and many online general retailers.
"Sagel’s passion and wisdom are amazing. So inspiring!”
- H.G., Boston
Never has there been a greater need or a better time to connect with and live from our heart's deepest intentions, or to deeply connect with others in service to this world. Moving through this training program in your own space at your own pace, you can take the time you need to fully explore and experience the blessings Yoga Nidra can bring. The streaming lessons, Yoga Nidra practices and guided mindfulness meditations remain accessible to you on this platform after you complete the training, so you can continue to practice and revisit whenever you'd like.
“I searched the internet and found your course and it totally resonated with me. I absolutely love the content and the way you present it. Thank you, a very heartfelt thank you. I love the way that you weave all of yoga into it. Love it!!!
– IDM, Australia
Frequently Asked Questions
"It is very well informed, your voice is so soothing, and I really appreciate the format of going at your own pace. This was a very meaningful, moving, expansive, insightful, heart-loving training for me, thank you.”
– AL, New Hampshire